Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Dozer Dinoot Extended
05-29-2013, 05:48 AM
Dozer Dinoot Extended
Hello all my name Mark and I'm new to this site, thanks to Scott and Jeff for all the questions answered during the purchase of the tub. I'm building a Dinoot extended trailer to as close as match as I can get to my hauler. Painted to match, Line X inside of tub and underside including the frame, Metalcloak rear flares, 35" tires with matching Mickey Thompson Sidebiters, Savvy Offroad taillights. Here is a pic of the hauler[Image: azuty5uq.jpg]
The tub has not arrived yet however I have started with gathering all other parts required. I had the frame built locally instead of buying the HF trailer.[Image: a5esuraj.jpg]
[Image: gapupupy.jpg]
[Image: 7ydyjuze.jpg][Image: bunesuda.jpg]
I built the TSC multi axis coupler for the trailer and didn't like the way it turned out so I sold it. I then purchased the lock n roll hitch and coupler[Image: ygy5uqeg.jpg]
Ill update all the progress along the way to keep everyone updated any and all advice or criticism will be appreciated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2013, 07:03 AM
RE: Dozer Dinoot Extended
Welcome to the fun!
Nice setup. Will be anxiously watching your Dinoot build log.

Thanks All & Cheers!
Gale
Link to my modified Explorer Box Build Journal.
05-29-2013, 08:17 AM
Mark, glad to see you joining in. Frame looks great.

Scott Chaney - Owner of Compact Camping Concepts
Home of the DIY Explorer Box and Dinoot trailers, also Tent Topped camping
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-29-2013, 08:20 AM
I like the frame too, maybe a few more details on it when you get started on the build.

Welcome!

Garry
05-30-2013, 08:07 AM
Nice start. Too bad you live in Florida.....looks like your making a off road worthy trailer. Keep up the good work.
Rick

Happy Trails to You
89 MJ, 03 TJ and of course an 'offroad' tent trailerCool
05-31-2013, 05:13 AM
Thank you all! My tub shipped yesterday so the fun will begin very soon. All the other parts are starting to trickle in, today the Metalcloak wheel flares came in and tomorrow the Savvy taillights. I did get a little work done I put the axle on top of springs to get it to sit level with the hauler. Lastly I ordered Dexter brakes with parking brake today
06-01-2013, 05:31 AM
What size tires and lift height do you have on your jeep? Looks like your running the same wheel size on your trailer too. Do you have a measurement from the top of your axle to the bottom of the frame?

Reason I ask, I am looking at the timbren axle-less suspension and trying to determine heights..etc.

Thanks

Garry
06-01-2013, 07:29 AM
Garry,

My tires are 35" and the jeep has a 3.5" lift. They are the same size on the trailer as well, I just ran out to measure that for you 3 1/4". If you want any specific pics just ask
06-01-2013, 07:58 AM
What did you use for an axle and springs?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk HD
06-01-2013, 04:51 PM
(06-01-2013 07:29 AM)Madeoflite Wrote:  Garry,

My tires are 35" and the jeep has a 3.5" lift. They are the same size on the trailer as well, I just ran out to measure that for you 3 1/4". If you want any specific pics just ask

Perfect, thanks!