Portal
Hello There, Guest!  Register  Login

Hello From Delaware.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

M416Delaware

Threads: 1

Hello From Delaware...

Newbie who has had M416 now for couple years....as bike / kayak / all around trailer hauler.   

Updating / Upgrading / Planning and researching options for trailer ready Overland trips......So many options to consider and think thru. 

All feedback welcome....

Cheers

Doug M

tarditi

Threads: 0

(05-06-2019, 07:40 AM) M416Delaware Wrote: Hello From Delaware...

Newbie who has had M416 now for couple years....as bike / kayak / all around trailer hauler.   

Updating / Upgrading / Planning and researching options for trailer ready Overland trips......So many options to consider and think thru. 

All feedback welcome....

Cheers

Doug M

Sounds good! What mods are you looking to do?

I'm right around the corner from you - in NJ.

I have an M100 myself (cousin to the 417) and find it great for small loads and trailer-assisted camping. 
I got it thinking we would go overlanding more, but we just used it mostly for car camping.

After a thorough cleaning and attention to rust and frozen parts, I upgraded my lighting to new harness and LEDs, bedlined the interior, and added a lid with gas struts and locking hardware.
A previous owner cut a tailgate into the tub, and it works pretty well.
I run CJ rims and 31x10.50 BFG AT tires, but in retrospect, it would be better with smaller tires - I do not tow-vehicle-match, but that's a common move, depending on your pulling rig.
I do have locking rotopax 3gallon containers on each side for long trips, and used to have a yakima load warrior rack on the lid, which I've since moved to the roof rack of my vehicle (Grand Cherokee Trailhawk)

-Dustin
Haddonfield, NJ

Scott

Super Moderator

Threads: 154

Welcome aboard!
Scott Chaney - Owner of Compact Camping Concepts
Home of the DIY Explorer Box and Dinoot trailers, also Tent Topped camping

M416Delaware

Threads: 1

(05-06-2019, 09:01 AM) tarditi Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 07:40 AM) M416Delaware Wrote: Hello From Delaware...

All feedback welcome....

Cheers

Doug M

Sounds good! What mods are you looking to do?

I'm right around the corner from you - in NJ.

I have an M100 myself (cousin to the 417) and find it great for small loads and trailer-assisted camping. 
I got it thinking we would go overlanding more, but we just used it mostly for car camping.

After a thorough cleaning and attention to rust and frozen parts, I upgraded my lighting to new harness and LEDs, bedlined the interior, and added a lid with gas struts and locking hardware.
A previous owner cut a tailgate into the tub, and it works pretty well.
I run CJ rims and 31x10.50 BFG AT tires, but in retrospect, it would be better with smaller tires - I do not tow-vehicle-match, but that's a common move, depending on your pulling rig.
I do have locking rotopax 3gallon containers on each side for long trips, and used to have a yakima load warrior rack on the lid, which I've since moved to the roof rack of my vehicle (Grand Cherokee Trailhawk)

-Dustin
Haddonfield, NJ

Dustin,

Hello New Jersey Neighbor…

Thanks for info…I will reach out to you with some questions ion future for sure.
Doug