Weekend progress: got the door latch installed and the panel cut and drilled. Also got the lower front trailer panel cut and drilled.
The door frame is 22" wide by 29" tall and made from 1" angle iron. The door is made from 3/4" square tube with a 0.08" aluminum panel for the skin.
The latch is for a horse trailer, but ought to work fine for my purpose.
I may decide to add a window in the top half of the door, but haven't found anything I like. The wall of the Toad Pod™ is only 3/4" thick, and most trailer windows are for 2" thick walls.
Because of the robot fighting I do, I have several hundred pounds of Lexan sheets lying around, so I can make my own windows if need be. I made the door from scratch because I couldn't find anything I liked in the right size.
The lower side walls are built like a truss, with diagonal members to increase rigidity. There is a seam of 1" by 0.125" steel all the way around the edge of each panel. That meant a dozen or so little trapezoidal pieces of steel had to be cut and welded into place for each wall.
I finished the last wall (the front) just today. Glad I'm done with the "fiddly bits".
That panel has already been removed and primed, and will get two color coats tonight and tomorrow.
So far the trailer skeleton is only about half welded (the rest is tacked). Next step is to remove the skeleton from the frame so I can flip it over and finish weld everything.
I'm only working a few hours a day on it, so progress seems slow to me. I'll be glad to get this thing out on the trail.