Starting this thread as a place to collect How-to build Dinoot J-Series Jeep Trailer examples, information and photos.
Previously building a matching Jeep Trailer required cutting and welding old Jeep bodies together, then doing days of body work. I like to think the J-Series tub kits are a game changer, setting a new standard. Now anyone with basic DIY skills can build their own matching Jeep trailer.
Reviews / Articles:
- Sean Michael has written a couple of great articles about building and using his Compact Dinoot for Off-Road.com.
The first review Dinoot Off-Road Trailer Review
focused on overall information and impressions.
The second review Dinoot Trailer: Building a DIY Off-Road Explorer
is focused on details of his design / build process, a cost breakdown and impressions / refinements he has made after using it for a year.
- Andy Lilienthal wrote a great article for OutdoorX4 Magazine Dinoot Trailers for the budget-conscious adventurer
. If you have a hardcopy, it's Issue #18 starting on page 60. It highlights his custom sized J-series and the DIY, lightweight, have it your way nature of Dinoots
- Andy Lilienthal has written a second article for 4X4 Tech Magazine about his custom sized Screaming Yellow Dinoot Trailer
- Myron built his Compact J-Series in 2015 and just wrote a great article Building a Dinoot Trailer
for Living Overland.
Here is a index of Dinoot J-Series build threads on the forum, some on the road, other still being worked on:
(If I have mistakenly overlooked yours, please let me know
- Another Dinoot build
by JaysOn is a well outfitted, color coordinate Compact with frame tied over tub rack.
- Fine Tuning
of JaysOn's after using it for a while in preparation for a month long trip to Baja with it.
- Custom Sized Demo Dinoot
is a 5' long x 51" wide Compact for behind my Tracker.
- Extended J-Series
is ExitLeft's Extended Jeep Trailer with a great license plate, DINOOT.
- Gecko Green Dinoot Trailer
is Skrymshaw’s color matched Extended Jeep Trailer
- Flying Pig Expeditions Dinoot
is the original Compact prototype which Milkman on owns and has made some updates.
- 03rubicon's Compact on home-built welded frame Showing them how it is done at the 2014 Vermont Overland Trophy
- Dinoot #1
, first one I built using production parts
- Sly's Dinoot Trailer Build
is a Compact
- Michael G’s Extended Dinoot Trailer
is one I assembled for a customer.
- M1AR151022’s My DINOOT Build
is a Compact
- Micro Dinoot Prototype
is a Compact that was narrowed from 59” to 46” wide
- Berniebikes’s Please Mr. Postman
is an Extended.
- Madeoflite’s Dozer Dinoot Extended
is color coordinated build.
- Flyguy0101's The Toy Box
is a 8'-3" J-Series build which uses two Compact side panels on each side
- Lajeepdog's An J-Series Dinoot Build
is a Silver painted Compact of towing behind an old CJ
- Bill's Completed Dinoot Trailer
is a very nice matching Compact with a Ruggedized roof top tent posted on Expo
- ChappyBob's First Trailer Ever
is an Extended with home-built hardcover that has the frame and inside / outside the tub Line-X'ed