Lets answer the first question people unfamiliar with these Rooftop Tents ask, why? Here are some of the advantages of a Roof Top Tent style tent unit versus a Ground Tent:
- Versatile mounting; vehicle rooftops, on trailers, over the bed of pickups; even as an extra bedroom on teardrop trailers or RV's.
- Rapid open, self supporting design that requires no assembling of poles. Simply remove the travel cover and fold the tent open, it’s that easy.
- The built-in flat sleeping surface requires no rock clearing, removing branches or grading for a level sleeping surface.
- Getting off the ground moves you out of the 'critter zone'. No more surprise visitors like coons, skunks, snakes and ants in your tent.
- In rainy conditions; no worrying about the strange 'natural attraction' run-off has for ground tents or digging protective moats.
- Tents stay cleaner when off the ground and out of the dirt. Have you ever setup camp> in the dark only to be dealing with the mess of an old fire it too close to your tent in the morning?
- Packing up your tent is almost as fast as setting it up.